With weight gain, it may be helpful to know what foods can help you lose weight in the long term. In order to reach your weight goals, you have to burn more calories than you consume. The incorporation of fruit in your diet is a healthy and practical solution. Fruits are nutrient-rich foods that not only reduce the risk of developing certain chronic diseases, but are also low in calories and sodium, and high in fiber. You should create a meal plan that includes more fruits to encourage weight loss. Check with your doctor before participating in a new diet regimen.
Steps to follow:
1. Look at your calories. Although fruits have fewer calories than most other foods, you still have to control your portions. Eat at least two to three servings of fruit a day, which equals 1 cup of raw fruit or half a cup of dried fruit.
2. Eat fruit for breakfast. Add strawberries, blueberries or bananas to cereal or oatmeal. You can also use bananas as a base for fruit smoothies, as it can help meet your daily needs.
3. Eat fruit as an option between meals. Snacks in the middle of the morning and in the afternoon help maintain a stable metabolism and avoid overeating. Grapes have 80 percent water, and are a low-calorie option that can serve as a healthy snack or dessert. Try to eat fresh fruits on a hot day.
4. Eat fruits high in fiber, such as bananas, apples, kiwis, pears and blueberries. Fiber-rich foods reduce the chances of overeating and help you feel full longer.
5. Add fruits to create low-calorie foods. Water and fiber in fruits add volume, which allows you to eat the same amount of food with fewer calories. Try adding apples, raisins or pears to salads.
6. Remember to eat well balanced foods. Although fruits are a healthy option, eating them alone will not lose weight. Fruits should be combined with vegetables, whole grains and lean meats.
7. Workout. A healthy weight loss regimen combines a low-calorie diet and physical activity. Ideally, exercise three to five days per week. Jogging, brisk walking and cycling are all high intensity practices. After exercising, eat a banana as it is rich in potassium.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.